Well don’t I have fabulous friends! Lyuba over at Strawberry Kimono is helping me with my cause and organised two wonderful kimono sets, for a competition. Entry is only $10!
Tea Ceremony Inspired Set
You’ve always been interested in Japanese kimono but didn’t know where to start. Or maybe you decided that you wanted to take the Tea Ceremony lessons, but didn’t have a kimono to wear there. Or maybe you just want a kimono, but never got around to getting yourself one. If you answered yes to any of the above, this very traditional ensemble is for you. The ensemble consist of a gorgeous apricot orange synthetic iromuji (still has basting stitches on!), toned down by light gold vintage silk nagoya obi. Exquisite brown silk haori completes the ensemble for those colder days. You will also get the obiage and obijime you see in the photos, and a white silk haneri. All you have to do is get a juban, zori and tabi and you are all set for the Tea Ceremony. Or just have a complete traditional outfit, appropriate for a wide range of occasions.
Funky Lyuba Style Kimono Set
But what if you don’t like traditional kimono style? Then the next ensemble will be perfect for you! Featuring my signature style of stripes and hats, you will be ready to be funky and modern in no time. With this ensemble you will get a blue striped wool kimono, with a vintage reversible checkered/striped silk nagoya obi, complete with a matching cloche hat and a scarf. Obiage, obijime and haneri are also included, and all you have to do is get yourself a juban and zori and tabi. Or you can simply wear this outfit with western boots for a complete modern feel!
So what do you think? Fancy getting one of these sets for only $10?
1. Open worldwide.
2. Each raffle ticket costs $10, and you can enter as many times as you like (remember, all of the money raised will go towards volunteering).
3. Use the Paypal button to submit your payment.
4. In the Special Instructions to Seller, please list your ADDRESS and EMAIL by which we can contact you.
5. The last day to enter will be July 31, 2011! Winner will be announced shortly after and contacted by email.
6. Winner will be picked using Random.org.
7. If the winner doesn’t respond within 48 hours, we will have to pick another winner.
8. Another person will also get picked to get a surprise runner up gift.
9. Packages will be mailed out within 2 business days after we get the confirmation from the winning person.
How to enter? Well just use the paypal button below and select an option from the dropdown!
PLEASE WRITE YOUR ADDRESS IN THE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS! – We need to be able to post it to you. If not make sure your email address is current so we can then request your shipping address if you win!
Closing date is 31st July 2011. In August AND September we will hold more competitions that are kimono related!