Quite a few of my kimono pals are doing this so I thought I would join in. Gives me topics to blog about 🙂
The challenge questions are:
1. How did you discover and get into kimono?
2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.).
4. Your least used kimono item(s).
5. Your favourite coordination(s) so far.
6. What do you like and don’t like about kimono.
7. Kimono confessions. Did you know that…
8. Your dream kitsuke items (or at least items you really really want but can’t get for whatever reason).
9. Your biggest kimono fears.
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration.
11. Your kimono collection.
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.
13. Your special kimono memory.
So how did I discover kimono?
Many moons ago in the cyber goth days my obsession with hello kitty hit a new high – corsetry. It was about 2001 and I was in my last year of uni. However being a student of limited funds I had taken to making my own clothes. I made a short hello kitty furisode kimono:
It was very much in the style of a ‘costume’.However after this came a purple hello kitty one and also a powerpuff girls kimono with matching corset.
It was then a few years later around 2006 that I decided to buy a yukata and pre-tied obi. I opened the floodgates then and shortly after was married in kimono.
I have been experimenting, improving and building my collection ever since. Kimono is now a big part of my fun and life.