The challenge questions are:
1. How did you discover and get into kimono?
2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.).
4. Your least used kimono item(s).
5. Your favourite coordination(s) so far.
6. What do you like and don’t like about kimono.
7. Kimono confessions. Did you know that…
8. Your dream kitsuke items (or at least items you really really want but can’t get for whatever reason).
9. Your biggest kimono fears.
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration.
11. Your kimono collection.
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.
13. Your special kimono memory.
My Old Faithfuls
In my kimono closet I have ‘old faithfuls’ – kimono and obi that I repair and wear constantly and would feel lost without.
1. My komon kofurisode – such a cheap buy at $20 and here it is getting ready for another wear:
2. My pink rose cotton fukuro obi – light and easy to manipulate I wear this obi often 🙂
I have lots of items I love in my collection. My geisha hikizuri are very dear to me as they are prize items in my collection. However the kimono items closest to my heart are ones I wear a lot.