The challenge questions are:
1. How did you discover and get into kimono?
2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.).
4. Your least used kimono item(s).
5. Your favourite coordination(s) so far.
6. What do you like and don’t like about kimono.
7. Kimono confessions. Did you know that…
8. Your dream kitsuke items (or at least items you really really want but can’t get for whatever reason).
9. Your biggest kimono fears.
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration:
11. Your kimono collection.
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.
13. Your special kimono memory.
My… is my kitsuke an eclectic mix or what?!
I started my kimono journey in life this:
and I wore mostly yukata out clubbing…
Then I went to this:
however..if I really tell the truth it started like this:
and then this is a middle ground snap of when I started to take stuff more seriously…
Still a corset..but then I started to keep corsetry to clubbing and now dress like this:
However I still like to dress up a little ‘theme’ like:
My colours have always been bright, sometimes neon bright which is probably an hangover from my ‘cybergoth days’ and the love of all things
eye bleedingly bright. Gothic influences have always run though my kitsuke but you will see rockabilly and kitch there too with details.
Origin of the challenge:
Blogs participating in the challenge:
- Naomi no Kimono Asobi
- Kitty Kanzashi
- My Kimono
- Strawberry Kimono