The challenge questions are:
1. How did you discover and get into kimono?
2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.).
4. Your least used kimono item(s).
5. Your favourite coordination(s) so far.
6. What do you like and don’t like about kimono.
7. Kimono confessions. Did you know that…
8. Your dream kitsuke items (or at least items you really really want but can’t get for whatever reason).
9. Your biggest kimono fears.
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration:
11. Your kimono collection.
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.
13. Your special kimono memory.
Even though looking back my kitsuke was in its infancy my special kimono memory has to be my wedding:
I could go on about how bad my kitsuke was but I won’t, it was my wedding day!
I wore a wonderful red uchikake, red hanhaba obi and 1900’s vintage ro kurotomesode with crane design. It was a very gothy/Japanese inspired wedding.
If I had to do it again I would wear the same uchikake and this kakeshita:
with a matching obi.
Then I would change to a vintage kimono later on as kakeshita are heavy and hot!
Origin of the challenge:
Blogs participating in the challenge: