The challenge questions are:
1. How did you discover and get into kimono?
2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.).
4. Your least used kimono item(s).
5. Your favourite coordination(s) so far.
6. What do you like and don’t like about kimono.
7. Kimono confessions. Did you know that…
8. Your dream kitsuke items (or at least items you really really want but can’t get for whatever reason).
9. Your biggest kimono fears.
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration.
11. Your kimono collection.
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.
13. Your special kimono memory.
I hate to sound really egotistical but I base my kimono fashions around my gothic/rockabilly/kitch fashions in my yofuku life. I live my yofuku life through themes. My favourite are burlesque, rockabilly, medical,pirate, sailor, cheerleader…man I could go on…
The themes I love in western clothing translate through to my kimono styling.
- Red/Black combinations – very goth
- Polka dots and kitch patterns – rockabilly
- Stripes/Pinstripe – again rockabilly
- Corsets – burlesque themes
Origin of the challenge:
Blogs participating in the challenge: